Forum

Categories

Forum Login

Kemp masts

running new cables
Posted: 8 May 2018 - By: Philip Allwood

Hi all,

just thinking of running new cables up the mast, again.. last done 14 years ago.

i note that there is no seperation between cables and hailards inside the mast and that they all wobble about together.. probably why the tri-colour at the top of the mast doesn't work any longer..

just wandering how any otehr forumites have gone about getting over this situation?

i was thinking of bundling all the cables together and then wrapping them in a spiral plastic case, this though would be quite a largish single wrap, probably somewhere in the region of 16-18mm.

it's an old kemp mast i beleive and the only entry holes are two 10mm ones either side of the aft mast foot and then one 10mm 2/3 up in front for the steaming light and another stbd side at the top for the antenna and tri-colour light cables.

Any ideas greatly reveived,

Cheers Phil 

Comments

Only Members of the Rival Owners Association are allowed to read the comments and post threads on the forum.

Please note that having an account on the system does not automatically make you a member. To become a member please contact us.

Join us today

To find out more about how you can benefit from ROA membership click here.
Alternatively contact us.