Forum

Categories

Forum Login

Aries fit for Rival 32

fitting wind vane steering
Posted: 5 Aug 2012 - By: Neill Cordingley
Hi.  I am looking at fitting an Aries wind vain self steering to my rival 32 (1972), which used to have one fitted under a previous owner.  It has two holes in the transom which were part of the attaching apparatus.  Does anyone with a Rival 32 have an Aries fitted, and would it be at all possible to have a photo/s of this so that I can see what I require to fit a second hand windvane from another boat.

I am figuring that it is going to be easier to fit an Aries, since some of the fittings (two holes in transom) are still present.  I cannot see any sign of former fittings on the aft deck above the transom which is puzzling me.  Any thoughts folks?

Any info guidance would be gratefully received. I have contacted Helen Franklin Bell and Mctrashop (aluminium poles), but still do not have the full picture.

Comments

Only Members of the Rival Owners Association are allowed to read the comments and post threads on the forum.

Please note that having an account on the system does not automatically make you a member. To become a member please contact us.

Join us today

To find out more about how you can benefit from ROA membership click here.
Alternatively contact us.