Forum

Categories

Forum Login

Rudder problem

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 - By: Rene & Lesley Verbrugge
Hi all, relaying on behalf of my lovely parents who are currently on their way to Kota Kinabalu with some rudder issues:

The fitting at the top of the rudder (under the aft cabin berth) seems to be working loose. It looks like a vertical stern gland with greaser. It has a flange at the bottom with 4 screws into the fibreglass. These are working loose sometimes -as in one day they're tight and all's dry and the next they need up to a quarter turn to tighten them and there's a pool of water which has worked it's way forward to the ledge above the stern gland. 39;s 'just' a case of removing the screws and fitting and re-bedding them with sikka or the like? 39;s the worse that is likely to happen! 33;! eek! 39;re 500 miles to Kuching where we can get her out of the water. 39;s stuck fast. So I guess the whole B$%@@#Y lot isn't going to fall off straight away?!

Thanks in advance! :)

[Just a note to help get the best reply: Crib is an early Rival 41 - the one with junk rig featured on the cover of the December 2011 newsletter.

Michael Smith][I]\n\n

Comments

Only Members of the Rival Owners Association are allowed to read the comments and post threads on the forum.

Please note that having an account on the system does not automatically make you a member. To become a member please contact us.

Join us today

To find out more about how you can benefit from ROA membership click here.
Alternatively contact us.