Forum

Categories

Forum Login

R36 Sails

yankees and talboys
Posted: 23 Aug 2015 - By: Tim Mitchell

Even though I have owned my R36, Delphin, for 3 years I am still discovery sails that I never knew I had in the bottom of the f'cs'l lockers! On a recent trip to the Isle of Man we encoutoured unforecast 42knt gusts and managed to rip the furling genoa. So I was forced to change sailplan from full genoa to cutter rig with Yankee and staysail. It's the first time I've tried this out and have to say it was a delight. Sails much easier to handle short handed, less strain on the rig and we could point higher. I would be really interested to hear views from other R owners on pros and cons of different sail plans and/or recommendations of good publications that discusses this subject. Anyhow, at the bottom of the sail locker we also found a sail in a bag labelled TALBOY. This is a long, thin, medium weight sail made up of multicoloured panels. Can anyone enlighten me on what this sail of meant to do, and how to rig it? Thanks

Comments

Only Members of the Rival Owners Association are allowed to read the comments and post threads on the forum.

Please note that having an account on the system does not automatically make you a member. To become a member please contact us.

Join us today

To find out more about how you can benefit from ROA membership click here.
Alternatively contact us.