Forum

Categories

Forum Login

36 vs 34

Posted: 6 Oct 2018 - By: Dave Higginbottom

hi all,

I don't want to start a massive arguement or be disrespectful in any way to any owner, but, I'm a bit perplexed by the huge difference in asking prices between the 34 and 36 on the market currently.  I understand that age, condition, equipment levels etc play a part in the asking price of any boat. Im interested to understand why a 36 seems to have double the asking price of a good condition 34   ?  On paper i am struggling to see  where double the "value" is in a 36 ?

For the record I've never been on a 36 (maybe I would've answered my own question if I had !) but have been on plenty of 32's and 34's. I am looking to buy and trying to justify why I should look at a 36 at the current price levels. I will stand corrected, but, I don't see such a huge leap in asking price from 34 to 36 feet in other makes of boat.  What makes a Rival 36 command such a relativly high asking price ?

Feel free to message me privately via email at dhiggi7952@aol.com if you feel a public response might cause "disagreements" .

Thanks Dave 

Comments

Only Members of the Rival Owners Association are allowed to read the comments and post threads on the forum.

Please note that having an account on the system does not automatically make you a member. To become a member please contact us.

Join us today

To find out more about how you can benefit from ROA membership click here.
Alternatively contact us.