Forum

Categories

Forum Login

Favourite anchors

Questions for you to ponder
Posted: 2 Nov 2009 - By:
Many of you will have seen the pictures in an advert of an R36 sporting a Rocnar anchor mounted on the stemhead. Also, the article in this month's Yachting Monthly had some interesting photography of anchors on a flat, sandy seabed.
Both of these pieces seemed to denigrate the CQR anchor for reasons that I have to admit are beyond me.
The advert for Rocnar naturally enough was a puff for their own product but the owner of the R36 decided to describe his CQR as a dinosaur.
Now we all have our own favourites. I prefer using CQRs because in 50 years of cruising (yes - 50) I've normally used them and they have not let me down. I carry a Fisherman for weedy anchorages and prefer a Danforth as a stern anchor in the Med, again because experience has shown it 39;t know tells you its old fashioned or because a single item in a magazine article suggests its no good?
I think I know your answers but would love to hear other views and experiences.

Comments

Only Members of the Rival Owners Association are allowed to read the comments and post threads on the forum.

Please note that having an account on the system does not automatically make you a member. To become a member please contact us.

Join us today

To find out more about how you can benefit from ROA membership click here.
Alternatively contact us.